The Tennessee Nashville Mission

The Tennessee Nashville Mission
April 2014

Sunday, January 25, 2015

Thursday Jan 22, 2015 we'd just finished with district meeting and interviews in the Murfreesboro building.  We had a few extra minutes before correlation meeting with President Tipp's  so we stopped at our favorite Thai place Pad Thai.  As we walked in to the restaurant, where we've been many times before, we were greeted warmly and seated.  Out waitress introduced herself as Cindy and immediately asked about our name tags and our church.  We started talking to her as she took our order and throughout the evening as she came back and forth with water or food.  As we were finishing up, we gave her a restoration pamphlet and a Book of Mormon.  Elder Zabriskie and Elder Eisert told her about it and we each had an opportunity to share briefly how we felt about the sacred book.  She said that she was so excited to read it, she couldn't wait for her shift to be finished.  She said that when we walked in, we were glowing and she wondered who we were.  I've thought a lot about that.  I hope that I can live so that I have His image in my countenance, so that I glow with the light of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  That would be a dream come true for me.  I will be praying for Cindy and the other young man who waited on us, Seth, who also wanted his own copy of the Book of Mormon.  He said he wanted to talk to us last time we were there, but they were too busy.  
The gospel is true and it changes lives.  I hope that they will read the Book so they will know that happiness that I feel because of it!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment